Monday, October 10, 2005

paralysis...

I spent most of last week on the Gulf doing house triage work. I ended up turning a radio story while I was down there, and it airs in the morning on 90.3 or on www.wpln.org.

Here's the deal: We spent a couple of days gutting this elderly couples home. After soaking in 5 ft. of water with the storm surge, we did all but demolish the entire house. These people hadn't even opened the doors to their large one-story house until we showed up. Can you imagine waiting 5 weeks before even starting to clean up?

These people were absolutely paralyzed by the damage to their house. I know that I wouldn't have reacted in the same way, but today I realized what paralyzes me.

I typically work out of the house, and the Internet makes that possible. But what happens when Comcast sits down on the job and leaves my data light un-illuminated?

Blake is paralyzed. Perhaps you've felt the same way.

Go blog our go home...I'm out - blake

No comments: