Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nothin' New...

There’s not much going on around the Farmer household these days. We had a great Christmas and New Years and I have absolutely no pictures to document our fun times. We even spent a weekend in Bowling Green with Blake’s mom’s family and I have no pictures from that trip either. I haven’t fallen off the picture collage bandwagon, I’ve just slowed down a bit. I have some absolutely adorable pictures of Crosby Fox Malone that I’ll post sometime with week. I got to see and hold him for the first time yesterday… he’s so teeny and adorable.

I guess the biggest news around here is that I made a couple of New Year’s Resolutions that I don’t plan on breaking. I don’t usually make any because I know I’ll break them, but this year it’s going to be different. I have two weddings in May (one on the 16th and one on the 23rd) and I don’t want to feel like a stuffed sausage at either of them. I’ve been really unhappy with my body these past few months so I decided it’s time to do something about it.

Resolution #1 – One Sweet A Week. This is HUGE for me because I LOVE dessert and I LOVE to bake. I’ve even caused Blake to develop a sweet tooth. It was especially hard because last Friday was my birthday and Channing bought me a delicious cookie cake and we had leftovers. I ate one piece Friday night and had one Sunday (new week)for breakfast. So I had my sweet for the week early this week. Oh well… it was worth it!

Resolution #2 – One Dr. Pepper a Week. This might even be more difficult than ‘One Sweet a Week’ but it’s going okay so far. Luckily Lipscomb is a Pepsi campus (no DP or Coke) so I’m not tempted at work, but going out to eat it when it’s hard. I’ve just go to break myself of my desire to have DP with certain meals… okay, all meals. I’m drinking a lot more water these days. Although I guess it’s easy to drink more water than I used to, because I used to not drink any water at all. Seriously. I’d go through a whole day and realize at bed time that I was incredibly thirsty because I hadn’t had any water all day. I’m feeling less puffy without all the carbonation, that is for sure.

Resolution #3 – Exercise Three Times a Week. This may sound lame to some of you exercise fanatics, but I had to be realistic with myself. I hate exercising. Hopefully I’ll stop hating it soon but until then I’m only making myself work out 3 times a week. I do feel better when I’m exercising so hopefully that will encourage me to exercise more.

Finally… Resolution #4 – No Snacks. I could eat all day every day if there were food available. I used to snack during the day at work and when I’d get home but I’ve realized I don’t need that food. I’m not cutting back on my portions at meal time (because I don’t eat like a pig) so I thought this would be a realistic goal too.

All of these resolutions also help when you are trying to save money. Buying sweets, snacks, Dr. Peppers, and baking sweets tends to add up quicker than I’ve realized in the past. Blake and I also set a budget for our groceries and eating out. We take out the money for the month and what is left over at the end of the month I get to keep as an extra allowance! How great is that! It was even Blake’s idea. I told him to be prepared because we’ll be eating beans and rice until I get back from New York in April! (Just kidding, but it does sound tempting!)

4 comments:

Kara said...

best of luck! i think i'm about to get a gym membership. i am a 'frugal' kind of person, and so if i am going to spend money on a gym membership, i will make sure to use it! it's time though...i am ready to get this 'toddler weight' off of me.

Jessica said...

Good luck with your resolutions. They are all very realistic. I gave up all soda 2 years ago. In May it will be exactly 2 years since I've had a sip. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. (I had to give it up for health resons.) At ACU I'd drink like 3 or 4 DPs a day, so I can understand. Good luck!

4 females and a fireman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
4 females and a fireman said...

Love the resolutions. Can relate to the DP. But mine is Diet coke. By the way, I have pictures from Christmas. Will make you copies and mail them to you. Some really cute ones of you and Blake. Miss you! Alicia