Sunday, January 07, 2007

Caught up on 24

It's been a tough row to hoe, but Moriah and I have watched all five seasons of 24 in the last six months. That makes 120 separate episodes, which is certainly no small task, especially since Moriah bought the first four seasons on eBay for somewhere around $120 - only to find out we had purchased bootleg versions with Chinese writing all over them and subtitles.

We waded through the mess and cultural barriers. Let me share with you an exerpt of the fine print on the back of this packaging.

"This DVD is authorized for or [sic] rent only in the country where originally sold, only in the HONG or only in Canada, respevtived Unauthorzed reproduction, sistribution or exhibition viotates federal laws with severe penaltees and vilates Colubia Tnstar Home Entertainment's standard terms of trade."

My favorite part is the word "viotates." Can't you just hear a small Chinese man pronouncing the word in broken English.

Anyway, thought our friends should know of this milestone. We're prepped and ready to go for the two night season premiere.

Share with us your own 24 experience. If it's anything like mine, I'm trying to use the words 'protocol and schematic' more in my day-to-day conversations. I've found myself saying stuff like, 'You'll just have to trust me." And what I really mean is, I'm getting annoyed with the redundancies. I mean, can we assume that there will be an attack on CTU Los Angeles some time during the sixth season? yes.

Won't stop us from getting addicted.

b

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My entire life I've thought the saying was "It's been a tough ROAD to hoe." Which obviously doesn't make sense. Row makes so much more sense. (This is Holly of tjandholly, lest you wonder which is the foolish McCloud.)

Sorry, I've got nothing to share on 24. We're 24 virgins.

Cassie said...

We've been trying to catch up too...but we rent them from the library so we are only to season 4. Doesn't look like we'll catch up in time. Those same things bother Austin, too. But I still love it and we still watch WAY too much of it:) Hope you two are doing well.