I thought I might periodically share highlights from my radio work, the funny stuff. Check out this self-titled 'bad mamma-jamma.'
You may need some backstory first. At least once a month I work for a public radio show in Los Angeles called Weekend America. Part of their show is a montage of sound from all over the country, regular Joe's talking about what they're doing this weekend. I also ask a few questions that might pertain a story on the show that week.
I'm always looking for the ideal place to do these 'vox pops.' I need lots of people in one location who aren't in too much of a hurry to talk to me. I went to the park across from Nashville's downtown library, informally known as the homeless park. I didn't get much that I could use, but I did laugh...especially at Raymond Isabella.
Raymond was sitting next to the fountain, minding his own. I asked if he would allow me to pick his brain. I ran through my questions, looking for good answers. I said, "Raymond, tell me a song that makes you want to get up and dance."
The reply required Raymond to close his eyes and rock back and forth. Then this came out. My favorite part is when he finishes the song.
Click here to get your own player.
(this is not actually a picture of Raymond, but it's close enough.)
No comments:
Post a Comment