Thursday, January 31, 2008

One fish...


Maverick loves his fish, as you can see. I gave Maverick my favorite stuffed animal, Bubbles, when we first got him. (Yes, I still love stuffed animals) I wanted him to be comforted in his kennel when we weren't there. As he got older he loved to hold Bubbles became more of a toy instead of a comforter. He loved to swing Bubbles around by one of his fins, shaking his head side to side. Bubbles is a Beanie Buddy and I think Maverick liked to hear the beans move around. As he grew he loved to play tug of war with Bubbles and anyone else who would pull. So eventually Bubble's fin was ripped off. Maverick slobbered all over Bubbles and got him really dirty, so I washed him. He was nice and clean but missing a fin. Maverick then took all the stuffing out of Bubbles and proceeded to chew off (and eat) both of his eyes. You can see what Bubbles looks like in the first picture. I decided to see if I could find a used, but clean, Bubbles on ebay. I did and they were super cheap. I decided to order 2, at $3 a piece I couldn't pass them up. The new Bubbles come in and immediately Maverick chews off the eyes of the first one, so I sew the sockets up. Now Bubbles #2 looks like he has permanent "Bitter Beer Face". Then he pulls off one of the fins. Maverick some how gets a hold of Bubbles #3 and chews the eyes off. Now they are both sitting on top of our refrigerator waiting to get stitches. My brother-in-law John told me some dogs only like toys they can destroy... I think Maverick is one of those dogs.

3 comments:

Kara said...

those poor Bubbleses are doomed...

Maverick is getting huge!

Kara said...

those poor Bubbleses are doomed...

Maverick is getting huge!

Marsha Loftis said...

We have two dogs but my border collie has a pink weener dog that is her toy. It was old and ragged so we replaced it with a new one. She didn't like the new one and kept pulling the old back out of the trash. It took us nearly a week to convince her that the new one was just as good to chew on as the old. :)