Friday, April 17, 2009

New York... The rainy, nasty day.




Day 3 wasn’t the most pleasant day, weather wise, but we still had fun. We got up early enough not to miss breakfast and headed to Penelope’s, a quaint little restaurant that Emily found by searing the internet. It was delicious and dry. After our yummy breakfast we headed over to Macy’s where they were having their “flower show.” The entire ground level floor was covered in live blossoms. It was beautiful and smelled so sweet. We shopped a little bit and then we (Katie and I) decided that we wanted some Garrett’s Popcorn for lunch. I knew there was a store on 5th Avenue, so I busted out my handy dandy iPhone and looked up the address using the built in Maps app. We walked several (long and short) blocks in the rain only to find the store that I had looked up was closed. I then got on the Garrett’s website and found that the one store left in NYC was actually in the area we had just walked from. So we walked back all those long and short blocks to purchase our beloved popcorn and it was worth it. While at Garrett’s we decided that we were all okay just going back to Emily’s place and chilling for the afternoon. We watched TV for the remainder of the day and ordered Chinese food for dinner. We even watched “Serendipity” the movie and then ate lunch there the next day but… that is a story for another post!

No comments: