Friday, February 26, 2010

Introducing...

Photobucket

Blake and I were finally able to go meet Miss Brady Lynn last weekend. We left early (and by early I mean 3:15am) and got to Texas shortly after 1:30 Friday afternoon. We even made a pit-stop in Little Rock to drop my friend Cheryl off to spend the weekend with her daughter. We went straight to Bevin and John's house to meet our sweet niece. I held Brady for a while while Blake and Maverick went for a run. After about an hour of relaxing (for me) Blake and John started loading up a moving truck full of their furniture. Let me go back a bit...

Patmommy and Granddad (my mom's parents, also known as PMGD) decided on Saturday (two weeks ago tomorrow) that they were ready to move into a retirement home. Granddad didn't feel comfortable moving until their house sold but there was an apartment available in the community where they wanted to move. Bevin and John needed to be out of their house by March 1st... then my mom came up with a great idea. PMDG put down a deposit on their new place, Mom started packing up PMGD's house and Bevin and John packed up their own house. All last weekend was spent deciding what to take and give away, taking things to the Crowley House of Hope, and splitting up everything that we all wanted. It was quite the tiring weekend. Bevin and John have bee staying with Mom and Dad for the past week while things were being wrapped up at PMGD's house. They are having the carpets cleaned at PMGD's house tomorrow, so hopefully Bevin and John will be able to get into their new house on Sunday... hopefully.

So, Bevin moved out of her house and got back into her pre-pregnancy skinny jeans (barf) all within two weeks of giving birth to her sweet baby girl. Well... I'm pretty sure John did most of the moving but that is beside the point.

I'm headed back to Texas for my spring break in two weeks. I'm driving and it's the first time I've ever made the drive by myself. I'll leave on Saturday and drive back on Thursday. Channing is actually driving back with me and then flying back on Saturday night... she has spring break that week, too.

I haven't posted anything in forever... I realize that. I've decided just to move on and pretend like I never missed the first two months of this year. It's been a great two months. I turned 27, had a GREAT Zumba birthday party, had 5 snow days, went to a super fun 70's Murder Mystery party, had a really big Super Bowl Party, got a new rug for the living room, etc, etc, etc. Anyway... Hopefully I can be better about posting. We'll see...

6 comments:

Kara said...

she is precious! she has the most intense little eyes. so sweet!

Emily said...

Oh boo! I'll miss seeing you at Spring Break! I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip though. And Brady Lynn is gorgous. Thanks for posting the pictures :).

Jessica said...

OH MY!!! Brady is so cute!!! You have got to be one proud aunt!

P.S. It makes me sick that Bevin got back into her pre-pregnancy skinny jeans within 2 weeks... I hope I can say the same.... heck- I'd be happy with 3 weeks.

Chels said...

OK, when I went to your blog I thought "Wow, I guess it's been too long since I saw Mo and Blake if they just had a baby!!!". But I was just confused! Congrats on being an aunt! It's truly the BEST!

erin f. said...

What a gorgeous baby! Being an aunt is just wonderful!

Mike and Becky said...

She is beautiful! I hope we get to meet her (and see you) during your spring break! :)