Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Share-Cropping and Photo Collages


This picture is for my dad. I told him last week I would take a picture of our "share of the crop" so he could get an idea of what it is. For those of you who don't know Blake and I are sharing a 1/2 bushel of produce (weekly) with Shawn and Rebekah Brown. It is delivered to a church near where I work every Wednesday from Avalon Acres , a local farm. The portion we get is made to be shared so there are usually even numbers of everything. We also get a dozen eggs and some type of meat. This week we got a pork roast (as well as a cantaloupe) both of which are not pictured. In the past few weeks we have received: chicken leg quarters, ground beef, sausage, and bacon. It has been really exciting to see what we get every week. We get whatever is in season. For about a month we got tons of squash and Blake always said we were going to turn into a squash... That sounds like the sort of thing Kenli would call a "Dad joke." I think she was right. On to the Photo collages.

I have had several people ask how I make my photo collages so, here is the answer... Photoshop. You could use any type of program that you can create a file and then save it as a jpeg. You could use Publisher or even Powerpoint. Both of those programs have the option to save a "page" or "slide" as a jpeg. You could just make the background whatever size you want and go from there. I'm sure there are tons of other programs you could use, but those are the ones I know for sure will do what you want! I hope that helps!

6 comments:

Kara said...

i like the share cropping thing ya got going on. i wish there was something like that here in abilene.
i went walking tonight and thought of you as i tried to speed walk as fast as i could.

The Normans! said...

You'll have to tell me more about this... I am interested in trying it next spring. Maybe I can talk the Savages into sharing a 1/2 bushel!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Yum Yum Yum! I'm already missing the squash. And I'm turning into a big cucumber over here. I've never eaten so many veggies in my life!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo!

I was researching local CSAs and was tickled to find an actual photo of a local CSA share.

Kenli Shea said...

Total "dad joke"

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Hey Moriah. I would love to borrow the bag pattern sometime!