Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Oh the Places You Will Go…

I have been one busy little bee for the past couple of weeks and it’s going to continue until the last week in May. That’s right, I only have one free weekend from now until the end of May. I’m not complaining. I like being busy and all of my weekend activities are going to be loads of fun. Here’s a break down. Last weekend I flew to Texas. We had a wedding shower for Channing (younger sister), attended a 50th anniversary party for my mom’s cousin, threw a surprise party for my parent’s 40th anniversary, saw Bevin and Channing’s new houses/apartments and cooked lunch for my family for my mom’s birthday (which was Sunday). Pictures from last weekend will follow this post later tonight.

April 3-7: Going to NY with Julie and Katie!! (Too many fun activities to list)
April 8: Lipscomb shower for Grant and Megan
April 10: Junior/Senior Banquet at Lipscomb
April 11: Family Wedding Shower for Grant and Megan in Bowling Green (also Richard’s birthday… Blake’s dad)
April 12: Easter
April 17: going to see WICKED! In Birmingham with Blake
April 18-19: Lakehouse with the Lavenders and others
April 25: Our one free weekend (When I got home on Sunday, Blake informed me that he’s going to run the Music City marathon on this day)
May 2: A Prairie Home Companion at the Ryman
May 9: Grant’s graduation from MTSU
May 16: Grant and Megan’s Wedding!!
May 23: Channing and Austin’s Wedding!!

See what I mean? I also have to fit work and school in there somewhere. I think I’ll manage. I’ve done it thus far. As far as grad school goes, I’m ready for it to be over. As Glenda so gracefully stated this weekend, “But you just started!” Yes I just started, but I’m still ready for it to be over. Thank goodness it’s only a year program. It’s not hard or that time consuming I just have a hard time allowing myself to think about anything but school. No matter what I’m doing I’m thinking about what school work I have that needs to be done. I guess that’s why I normally finish my projects early. I know that’s not a bad thing… just a little obsessive. Anyway, I don’t think I could have lasted through a two year program. Oh well. This time next week you’ll be seeing pictures of my New York trip. I know you can’t wait!!

2 comments:

JENNY said...

I'm jealous you're going to A Prairie Home Companion! I love it. It sounds like you have a very busy schedule right now. Glad grad school is going well!

erin f. said...

You are a busy bee. I feel tired just reading about it :)