I like to cook. I like to bake. I'd never made a cobbler before Saturday. We had some people over for the 4th of July (brisket, ribs, sweet tea, etc.) and we needed a dessert to go with everything else. I decided to make something that Blake really wanted which was a blackberry cobbler. To me dessert isn't a dessert without chocolate so making the cobbler was a little bit of a stretch for me. Allrecipes.com was down when I was looking for a recipe so I went out on a limb and used one from another site without any reviews. It was supposed to be Southern Living's recipe so I thought it had to be good. Blake said it was really yummy. I wouldn't know, I didn't eat any.
So... the other night Blake and I took Maverick on a walk and about 1 mile from home something blew into my eye. I immediately doubled over and started crying. I could feel it in my eye. I tried to get it out but couldn't. We stood under a street light (for what seemed like forever) and Blake tried to get the bug out of my eye. I was crying, trying to hold my eye open and of course, I recently started wearing non-waterproof mascara, so it was everywhere. We decided it was not coming out so we turned around and headed home. Blake managed to get the bug (it turned out to not be a bug, but some sort of seed) when we got home. My eye didn't stop hurting until this morning... this incident happened Sunday night. This is what my eye looked like for about 48 hours. Notice my red eye has no makeup left on it. As Blake would say, "The veil has been lifted."
This is a really boring post. Sorry about that. You can tell I really don't want to do school work, huh?
4 comments:
i agree with you about the chocolate thing.
sorry about your eye! egh.
I made a blackberry cobbler that turned out disgusting - I am a horrible cook/baker/anything kitchen related!
Sorry about your eye! Your cobbler was DELICIOUS though and I'm not just saying that because I'm pregnant and want all food. I love blackberry cobbler and yours didn't disappoint!
I would like to quote you on this, "I recently started wearing non-waterproof mascara" and now say...Why in the world, we all know your track record on water works. Go back to waterproof.
Post a Comment