
We need your help!!! Our 5th anniversary is coming up in May and we are going to go on a fabulous trip somewhere... we just don't know where yet. That's why I'd really like your help. I know there aren't a ton of people who read this blog but I do know there are enough to help us find a great vacation spot. If you have a place you've been that you really love please share it with us.
For our honeymoon we went to Cabo. We had several people tell us that they loved their vacations there but we didn't really. We never asked what part of the beach is best, which hotel did you stay at, etc. Needless to say our experience with Cabo wasn't the best so we want to try something different. We (well, just me, really) want to go someplace warm/hot. We plan on going in the first part of June so we need to start looking at places to go. Any help you blog-loving people can offer would be greatly appreciated.
12 comments:
Okay...you know I am obsessed with cruises!! So I would recommend a Southern Caribbean cruise. Food is amazing, tons of stuff to do at ALL times of day and you get to see different places. But if you made me pin down an island or 2...I would say St. Lucia because it is absolutely beautiful. I really liked Grand Cayman and Puerto Rico (San Juan), as well...and Barbados. This is not helping... Just go on a cruise for Pete's sake!!!! I would do a 7 day on Royal Craibbean for sure but that is all I have ever done. I would be more than happy to accompany you and show you around...:)
Oh yea, Buenos Aires, Argentina is awesome but I am sure that would cost a pretty penny...
This is way to much info. I should have just called you! But there are just a few of my thoughts because you asked!! Sort of...:)
Ben and I went to Maui for our honeymoon and it was great! It was the best weather and most relaxing place I've ever been. Just be aware that the cost of food around there is very expensive, although it was the best food I've had.
For mountains we love Jackson Hole,WY. I sister and brother in law just got back and loved it too! There are no mountains like it!
hey go to kauai! me and linds just got back from there and it was amazing! its less touristy than the other hawaiin islands and the best stuff to do there is all free! email linds if you want to see some pics and hear about our adventures. hope you guys are doing great
brent
I have two suggestions. okay, three. The cruise idea, you can't beat. ALL meals are included. Plus, you get to see different places as opposed to just one. There is a ton of stuff to do, but a lot of times we would just chill. Second suggestion: I'm partial to Grand Cayman because that's where we went on our honeymoon. However, it is GORGEOUS! I would stay on the North East side of the island! (I can help you with all of that if you are serious about it.) The next would be Aruba. The water is amazing, especially if you want to DIVE! so i lied about 3. it's actually 4. San Juan, Puerto Rico would be my 4th Suggestion (these aren't in order ,by the way.) I love San Juan. Its fairly inexpensive compared to any other island or warm getaway. Plus it's really cool, and there's a ton to do. There's a Rainforest about an hour and a half away (it's sounds far, but TOTALLY worth it) at night, the algae glows and lights up the pond and water fall. it's incredible. Anyway, I'll stop now.
Will and I went to a Couples Resort in Jamaica and loved it. It's all inclusive and beautiful there. :) We went to the one in Ocho Rios (now called Tower Isle) and went to Dunn's River Falls off the resort. Go to www.couples.com to check it out! On facebook I probably have pictures from our honeymoon if you wanted to see some of our photos from the trip!
Ok, when I thought I was going to be traveling around thailand alone for two weeks, I planned out a detailed itinerary for hitting up all the thai beaches which also includes national parks (hiking and climbing are optional). I also have heard of this great bungalow park/animal reserve in Australia. If you're interested, I could definitely email the plans!!
Ahh... how I love vacations. Lantz and I recently took our 5 year anniversary trip to Europe, and we loved that. I would so recommend it, but the only "hot" & "beachy" place we went was to Italy's Cinque Terre. You can see my blog for details and pictures. It was gorgeous.
We also loved our Carribean cruise that stopped in Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I love cruises- they are an easy, already planned way to see lots of places in a short amount of time. I especially liked zip lining in Jamaica and laying on their gorgeous beaches.
I also recently saw some way cheap advertisements for a beach vacation in South Africa. It looked amazing! It is one of the few places that our currency exchange is doing better.
Hope this helps! I can't wait to hear where you guys decide to go. Enjoy!
we are about to go on a get-away to florida. it's not super exotic sounding, but it will be less money (cheap flights, food, etc). i'll let you know how it goes!
some other places that interested me were costa rica, st. martin, and belize. i have heard that all of those places are amazing! have fun planning!
London is amazing. I would also recommend Oahu, I'll never forget swimming with the turtles!
St. Martin is awesome! We stayed on the Dutch side. There is a French side as well. Best beach I have been to ever. It was romantic, and kinda grown up...not many people under 25 there so you don't have to worry about crazy drunk college kids. It was beautiful and not your typical crowded beach like in Mexico. I would go back there in a heartbeat!
Post a Comment