Monday, August 03, 2009

Lake Trip 2009

We're obviously back from the lake... a week ago. I've been crazy busy so I'm just now getting around to posting our pictures and writing about our adventures. Here's what our trip consisted of:

Photobucket

Beating my parents to the lake because they had a ton of tire trouble, not getting in the water for a few days because it was a little chilly, playing in a Wii bowling tournament organized by Uncle Kenneth (I was terrible and am usually a really good Wii bowler), eating a large fluffy homemade biscuit for breakfast every morning that I secretly hoped were frozen so I could eat them at home, hanging out with Holly and TJ for a couple of days and the Lipscombs for the rest of the week, sleeping on the floor with Maybel and Maverick (it wasn't nearly as bad as you might think), the boys taking the pups to the beach, eating yummy food cooked by other people in our group, introducing my family to sopapilla cheesecake, seeing Bevin and Deidre pregnant (even though they did not look it), eating too many peanut butter and Hershey's Kiss cookies, reading Twilight in less than 24 hours, riding in the boat, swimming in the lake, skiing and wake boarding (for some... not me!), laying out at the pool, floating in the lake on floats and most importantly... just relaxing. It was a great vacation.

3 comments:

Mike and Becky said...

Sounds like a fun trip, as usual! I did NOT know Deidre was pregnant...yea for her!! I'll have to tell her Congrats next time I see her at Cousin's! (We go there a lot!)

Mom said...

OK, really Shamblin rates a pic and Mom and Dad don't?

John and Bevin said...

I agree with Mom! I guess John is the more fun one out of this couple here, so he gets a picture :-)
Love you!