I cannot believe that it has been two whole months since I have lasted posted something new. So much has happened and I should have been blogging as the events happened, but I didn't. Sorry about that. I check everyone's blogs daily and expect them to post new stories or insights, and yet cannot keep up with my own blog. Well since I last blogged a few things have changed in our lives. We have moved, no not to our loft (November 2007) but to a new duplex about 2 miles from where our old apartment was. It is really cute but also bigger than our loft will be, which has made us wonder if we will really like our quaint loft as much as we thought we would. We are still looking forward to moving there in just a little over a year and a half.
Blake and I were talking the other day about how it doesn't really feel like summer. For the past almost 18 years the end of school meant the beginning of summer, and now we don't have that significant event to begin our summer. Which leaves me feeling like it is not summer at all. I don't know if I will ever get that "summer" feeling back again. I would probably have to teach to get that feeling and I don't think I want to do that just yet! The big event that has been surrounding our lives is this... all of our friends are leaving us. Dave and Lynn are leaving for New Zealand this coming Wednesday for 6 months, David Vaughn left for officer Candidacy school on Friday, Hunter is in Alabama working as a youth intern, and Holly and TJ are moving to the Dominican for TWO WHOLE YEARS! You heard that right, they are moving to the DR to do mission work which leaves us very sad but with a great vacation destination. This just makes us all the more thankful for the friends that we have in the Browns and the Albrights. We love every one of those people and are slowly trying to ignore the fact that they are going away for a while. Another thing is that we celebrated our one year anniversary on Tuesday. Well, actually we celebrated our anniversary on Monday by going to Carrabba's and went to eat with Slubbs (who was on his way to Virginia) on our actual anniversary. This has been a very boring post and I will try to do a better job keeping this blog updated. For now I will leave you with a few random pictures.
3 comments:
I miss you. Great pics, especially the first one.
MoMo I'm glad that you are blogging again...I like hearing what's going on with you and Blake..I really hope it works out for you to meet up with all of us!!!
MoMo I'm glad that you are blogging again...I like hearing what's going on with you and Blake..I really hope it works out for you to meet up with all of us!!!
Post a Comment