
Last week marked 31 years of "Family, Friends and Fun!" (That's what the 30th anniversary T-shirts said last year.) But seriously, it was a week filled with the 3 F's. This year lake Ouachita was lucky to have a few new additions grace her shores. The Lipscombs, their puppy Maybel, and our buddy Maverick all joined the ranks of our 'red-neck yacht club.' Justin and Blake took the pups swimming every day, sometimes twice, and they couldn't get enough of the water. At first, Maverick was a terrible swimmer but he quickly got the hang of it. It wasn't terribly hot this year but the mosquitoes were biting like crazy. I still have the remnants of a few bites on my ankles... Our precious Brady Mountain Resort ('resort' is used in the loosest sense of the word) was sold to a group of investors from Dallas earlier this year. We were all a little hesitant about any changes but we managed to make it through the week with only a few disappointments. Luckily they didn't change the recipe for the biscuits, so I was happy.
It was wonderful having the Lipscombs there this year. We are lucky to have them as friends and are already talking about next year... TJ and Holly?? Blake and Julie??? Ready for some fun?
2 comments:
- the doggy/daddy pictures are cute!
- great job catching blake's splash...water formation...whatever it's called...
- blake, i think you stole those sunglasses from will & levi. they had a pair just that size...
I just thinking as I was looking through all the pics trying to decide which ones to put on the blog, "I wonder if Mo has blogged yet or which pics she'll use..." So I checked to see if you had and sure enough! This is just to let you know that we'll probably have lots of the same pics, but oh well! They're good enough to be on 2 blogs! We love all the pictures in case we hadn't said that yet :)
Post a Comment